The mojo has returned! On May 29th, 2019 I will be running the highest ultra marathon event in the world. The Everest Marathon features a 60km (37 mile) option along with the marathon. I plan to trek to Gokyo Ri while I’m there as well. I’m super excited!
Details about the race rom the website:
- World’s highest ultra-running event.
- Starts at Everest Base Camp EBC, 5,356m, at the Khumbu Icefall.
- The trail passes through five high Himalayan passes.
- One of the world’s toughest uphill routes.
- Different route than the normal EBC (get to see different village settlements).
- Two Nights at EBC where only expedition climbers are allowed to camp.
- Athletes need to have extreme endurance.
The 60KM ultra marathon is for extreme adventurous. Starting from Everest Marathon, tracks of ultra marathon starts from Everest Base Camp and ends at Namche Bazaar like the full marathon. However, the ultra marathon moves towards Nha La from PHortse and descneds via Mongla towards Namche Bazaar, making it an ultimate adventure run.